Assembly and Packing Supervisor
Benton Harbor, MI, US
Salary Range: $55,000.00 To 75,000.00 Annually
Gaishin Manufacturing has an opening for a talented and driven individual looking to be part of the Gaishin team in the position of Assembly and Packing Supervisor. You will be responsible for supervising employees in light assembly and final packing, auditing processes and working with engineering in continuous improvement. You will be responsible for being the liaison between your team and management and executing company initiatives within your group.
About Gaishin Manufacturing:
Gaishin Manufacturing is a 2nd generation family-owned company specializing in precision and automated manufacturing. We are building our company around four guiding principles: Great God; Great People; Great Company; Great Parts. We believe Great companies are built around Great people. We expect all individuals to live by five core values: Integrity & Humility, Winning Attitude, Team Player, Consider It Done, and Takes Initiative. We are a diverse company supplying products for agriculture, aerospace, medical and defense and have a robust growth trajectory.
The Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the employees within your department. Duties include relaying information between your team and management, guiding your team through daily work activities and projects, and monitoring employee performance to ensure maximum productivity. Supervisor position is a hands-on position and will be expected to help in setting up operations, and performing operations as need to meet production goals. You will also be responsible for doing final audits on work orders, closing work orders, and entering WIP into finished goods.
- Managing the workflow of their employees and delegating tasks as needed.
- Assessing the work performance of their employees and identifying areas that need improvement
- Ensuring that business goals, deadlines and performance standards are met
- Reporting key metrics and conducting group meetings.
- Training and onboarding new hires to make sure they understand their roles
- Setting goals for workers and making sure they comply with the company’s plans and vision
- Recommend new employees to the human resources team based on an assessment of their performance
- Reporting performance records and evaluations to HR and senior management
- Data accuracy in packing and transferring WIP to finished goods.
- 5+ years in assembly or manufacturing environment.
- 2+ years in a supervisory role.
- Excellent people skills.
- Excellent attention to details.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.