Lean Production Engineer (Position Filled)
This position has been filled. Please take a moment to look at our other CAREER OPPORTUNITIES.
Benton Harbor, MI, US
Salary Range: $90,000.00 To 110,000.00 Annually
Lean Production Engineer
Gaishin Manufacturing has an opening for a talented and driven individual looking to be part of a great company and team as a Lean Production Engineer overseeing lean manufacturing in three facilities.
About Gaishin Manufacturing:
Gaishin Manufacturing is a 2nd generation family-owned company specializing in precision and automated manufacturing. We are building our company around four guiding principles: Great God * Great People * Great Company * Great Parts *. We promote and expect all individuals to have our five core values: Integrity & Humility, Winning Attitude, Team Player, Consider It Done, and Takes Initiative. We are a diverse company supplying products for agriculture, aerospace, medical and defense and have a robust growth trajectory. We value our people and have wonderful team chemistry. We are growing our company around individuals who are motivated, engaged and able to provide experience and knowledge in their area of expertise in a collaborative environment without hinderance from egos or politics. If this sounds like it fits you, we look forward to reviewing your resume and speaking with you.
The Lean Production Engineer will oversee lean activities and a lean culture. You will be in charge of leading kaizen activities to improve efficiency, organization, and reduce waste in the manufacturing plant and will be working in conjunction with engineering, quality, and operations to guide improvements throughout the organization.
- Work with Executive team, Lean committee, Plant managers and Engineering in identifying activities, Values, and Goals to select Kaizen events and ensuring proper resourcing and preparation for those events.
- Ensure Lean activities are linked to business objectives and develop site transformation plans.
- Event training, development and implementation of a communication plan, post event follow-up and auditing results, and mentoring KPO team members.
- Build and maintain a foundation for continuous improvement using transformation activities aligned to Lean Operating System.
- Teach lean tools to all levels of the organization (Kaizen, 5S, TPM, Setup reduction, Standard work, Visual management, SQDC boards, MDI, etc.).
- Assume the role of consultant, participant, and/or lead on Kaizen events.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement assuring buy-in and ownership at all levels.
- Participate in special projects and other activities as assigned.
- BS – Engineering or Operations Management, or equivalent experience, is required.
- Five or more years of experience in a plant leadership role.
- Two years in a position responsible for driving lean manufacturing initiatives.
- Experience in leading Kaizen events and well versed in using Lean tools.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Good people skills.