Benton Harbor, MI, US
Salary Range: $100,000.00 To 120,000.00 Annually
Gaishin Manufacturing is a family-owned manufacturing company specializing in precision machined components. Our core passion is: Great God · Great People · Great Company · Great Parts. We are building our organization around individuals who share our core values: Integrity & Humility, Winning Attitude, Team Player, Consider It Done, and Takes Initiative. We are currently looking for an experienced, highly diligent candidate with excellent attention to detail and good leadership skills for the role of Quality Director. This position will have the opportunity to have a strong influence on a growing company and have direct input to the processes and systems needed for world-class manufacturing. If you want a rewarding job and enjoy working with a great team this position is for you.
The Quality Director is tasked with defining and promoting a quality mindset across the entire company. The Director will be managing all QA functions and working with cross-departmental leadership to deliver high quality products on schedule. Quality Director is responsible for monitoring and evaluating internal production processes, examining products to determine their quality, and engaging with engineering, operations, and customers to gather product feedback. The Quality Director maintains the quality system to ensure a company’s facilities, equipment, personnel, methods, processes, and procedures conform to internal guidelines, customer requirements and regulatory standards.
- Understanding customer expectations of and needs from a product.
- Developing quality control processes.
- Designing product specifications.
- Supervising staff and monitoring production standards.
- Audit and approve outside vendor quality systems.
- Monitoring and evaluating internal production processes.
- Evaluating the final output of products to determine their quality.
- Rejecting products that fail quality standards.
- Engaging with customers and gathering product feedback.
- Producing statistical reports on quality standards.
- Reporting to upper management on quality standard issues.
- Evaluating product recalls.
- Improving production efficiency and managing waste.
- Degree in quality control, engineering, business administration or relevant field.
- Quality control certification advantageous.
- Training in six sigma, zero defects, process capability a plus.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Data analysis and statistical aptitude.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Highly conscientious and diligent.