Benton Harbor, MI, US
Gaishin Manufacturing is a family-owned manufacturing company specializing in precision machined components. Our core passion is: Great God · Great People · Great Company · Great Parts. We are building our organization around individuals who share our core values: Integrity & Humility, Winning Attitude, Team Player, Consider It Done, and Takes Initiative. We are looking to hire an enthusiastic and hardworking quality technician with a good eye for detail. You will be responsible for performing standardized quality control checks on our company products to ensure they meet the required legal and company standards for safety and quality. You will also be required to maintain calibrated test equipment, prepare test data, and identify areas for quality control improvement. If you want a rewarding job and enjoy working with a great team this position is for you.
To ensure success as a quality technician, you should have a strong working knowledge of mathematical concepts, excellent visual awareness, and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Ultimately, a top-class quality technician can efficiently monitor the integrity and quality of products without impeding production rates.
- Completing and maintaining company inspection reports
- Inspecting products and completing inspection reports according to quality plans
- Ensuring products comply with customer standards
- Ensuring test equipment is calibrated and working correctly
- Reporting quality anomalies to the supervisor
- Collating test data and drafting quality reports
- Identifying possible areas for improvement in quality control processes
- Ensuring production is not hindered by quality testing procedures
Quality Technician Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience with micrometers, calipers, optical comparators, height gauges and other inspection equipment
- CMM and/or automated visual measurement equipment programming a plus
- Calibration experience a plus
- Understanding of advanced mathematical concepts
- High-level of visual awareness.
- Advanced organizational skills
- Microsoft office experience and ability to assemble data and draft reports
- Ability to work alone with minimal supervision
- Ability to analyze and interpret technical information
- Ability to stand for long periods